Thursday, December 10, 2009

SNOW time like the PRESENT!!


For those of you who have been patiently waiting for the next blog entry....I've decided to post 2 projects today! My computer is now up and running top speed!!-thanks to the tech-y husband.

SNOW TIME.....

I created this layout for a swap. It was a simple design  meant to use your 4x6 photos, no cropping required! I cut strips from a DCWV paper pack (can't remember exactly which one). The main technique I want to focus on for this page is the title. I cut the letters out in vellum using my Cricut- Mickey Font. I used Liquid Applique on each letter. **If you've never used this before, you should try it. It has a tip so you can really place it where you'd like and then get that heat gun out!! The Liquid Applique PUFFS up!! So cool. I've gotten more compliments on this layout just for that technique. When I was adding the photos to the layout, I thought it still needed something, so I used a white marker to draw a stitched outline on each of the letters. I thought it made them pop more. Be careful when heating....vellum is VERY easy to burn and it will turn brown. The pink rectangle is supposed to be the journaling box (notice the "blankness"). Hope you like it!

...THE PRESENT!!!


I signed up for a Christmas Thank You card swap in Dec. 2007. I had to create a card using "The 3 Wise Men" as my inspiration. So I thought a little pull-out insert would be cute. It was pretty simple to make. I used Basic Grey's Blitzen paper. A little stamped sentiment and Voila!! (BTW, tooting my own horn here....I was voted the best card! A total shock to me since there were some beautiful entries. Thanks, MW!)

Have fun, tell your friends!
Tryscrapbooking,
Lara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Snow Day page. I have this page (from the swap) and it is a great winter page. Thanks for sharing!