Saturday, February 26, 2011

Scrappy Saturday's Challenge #2

I'm back! Another challenge--this time "Something Lovey". This was actually difficult for me. I had NO idea what I was going to use. Then I found some pictures I had printed and hadn't been scrapped. What better way to enter a "lovey" challenge than to scrap pictures taken at Boldt Castle on Heart Island!! It's a beautiful place and if you're ever in Alexandria Bay, NY, then please take a boat tour or taxi and visit. It's a true love story and a beautiful location. Hey, I should know. I worked there for 3 summers and hoped to get married there one day. (check that one off the list, lol!)
Back to businees--the cartridges I used:
  • Hearts--Gypsy Wanderings, hiding the highlight. The one on the left I took off the proportion link and stretched to get as big as would fit in approx. 6 in wide and not be too tall for the page.
  • Boldt Castle--Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons, with a shadow.
  • Heart Island--Gypsy Font, welded using my gypsy.
Let's take a closer look. I'm still working on how to take a good picture of a 2 page layout.

Base cardstock is DCWV. I have so much of this! I'm trying to use it as much as possible because I don't like it. The textured surface really makes it difficult to get things to stick. The patterned paper is from CM. Have I ever mentioned before just how much scrapbooking stuff I have?? Let's put it this way, I would never have to buy another thing again and still have plenty for my grandkids to leave their wills. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the choices I have and wind up not getting anything accomplished.

Anyway, this was fun. Glad to be scrapping again! Maybe I'll even do another layout before the next challenge is announced!!

Tryscrapbooking,
Lara

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Lara, I am so happy to see another one of your great layouts.. Your story and fabulous scrapbook page make me want to visit Boldt Castle on Heart Island.. Thanks for joining our Scrappy Saturday's with the Bug challenge again.I hope you will join our next weeks challenge..

Buggy Hugs,
Amanda:0)

Michele said...

Wow I am blown away by your layout!! The colors, the layout.. everything. I love it!! I am jealous about your gypsy Wanderings font... I JUST got a Gypsy...and need to sit down and learn it. But I keep craftin' instead. :-) Thanks for my nice compliments as well. I hope you keep checking back!! Michele
http://fishmememoriesandmore.blogspot.com

Janelle said...

Great Layout...you were able to get lots of pics on your page!

Anonymous said...

Great Layout!! Love it!!

Salina

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is a beautiful layout! I love how you were able to fit so many pics on it! What a great way to showcase them!

Melissa said...

Lara ~ I am so glad you joined us gain. Your layout is amazing. I hope you come back this Saturday for a new challenge and we are going to announce the winner for February ~ Melissa :)