Monday, November 2, 2009

We rake, we pile, we JUMP!!

This was the layout I designed and created for the Fall Swap (same one as the previous post). I drew the tree shape by hand (using my arm as a guide), cut it out and embossed a wood grain texture, then inked it up. Next the 2 big leaves--I traced a leaf shape and handcut them all out, folded "veins" into the paper and inked the lines, then I swiped several Colorbox inks over it to give it a more realistic coloring. Next, I used a Chatterbox template and dotted lines for movement. The leaf border at the bottom is a patterned paper by DCWV that I hand cut. There is a small tag hidden under the leaf pile for my journaling, with a cute fall-themed ribbon scrap from Doodlebug Design. Basic photo mats, nothing special. The Mickey font alphabet stamp set from CTMH (one of my fav alpha sets) made the title SUPER fast and easy to do. The main thing I want to point out in this layout is all the HAND cutting--keep in mind, that I had to make 17 of these. It was fun (I can say that now because it's over) and I was hoping to create a layout that was useful and fun!

Hope this inspires you to take some fun Fall leaf photos!
Tryscrapbooking,
Lara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize this had a journaling card. I will have to look at this layout again. I used it was perfect for leaf racking pictures that I took.

Lara said...

Surprise!! I love hidden journaling.