Saturday, June 12, 2010

Christmas in June

I've been rather lost in a muddle of scrapper's block. Not really creating much at all, other than a few cards. I haven't made a scrapbook page that I was really proud of it quite some time.

Well....Thursday night, inspiration struck! I had a sketch and some Basic Grey paper that I've had for years. I'm proud to say that I used what I had in my stash!! Yay me! Now I can buy some new stuff...hahaha.


The striped paper was wrinkled and distressed with TH inks, then tucked and folded into a circle shape around the middle circles and also used along the border on the left side. It really gives the paper a fabric appearance. I cut the circles, the scroll and the Santa face with my Cricut. The paper, tag and letter stickers were Basic Grey-Fruitcake. The scroll will be for my journaling. I also used CTMH stamps to add "December" and "Wish".

I'm pleased with this layout and hope the slump is over!
Tryscrapbooking,
Lara

3 comments:

Salina said...

Great layout!! Love the it!! Hope your slump is over too so we can scrap together!!!

Kim said...

Love the Christmas layout! What cartridge did you use to make the scroll?

WickedPixie said...

That is so cool how you made the paper look like fabric! I also think the scroll is such a great choice - really makes it have an old time Christmas feel added to the Santa images! :)Traci