Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Flower Swap

Recently, I created some paper flowers for a swap I joined. The deadline is this Friday, so I haven't gotten my swaps back. (I'll share them as soon as they arrive.) Anyway, I thought I'd share the flowers I created. The rules were:
  • 3 layers--one must be patterned paper
  • must have a center (jewel, brad, button, etc.)
It was on the Memory Works consultant board, so I used as many MW products as I could. Here's what I came up with: {the photos just don't do the colors justice :( }


Memory Works products are in italics.
I cut the leaves, bottom layer and top layer with my Cricut. The middle layer was punched with a SU scallop circle punch.
For the leaves, I painted them with Tim Holtz Crackle Paint-Peeled Paint.
For the bottom layer, I tapped my TH Distress Inks-Frayed Burlap, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw-on my nonstick craft mat. Used my Mini Mister and spritzed with water, patted my paper into this, blending all the colors, until the paper was covered. Let dry, spritz lightly with water again to create water droplet effect and cut with Cricut.
For the middle layer, I punched out the scallop circles and misted with Bronze Maya Mist. Let dry, then crumpled up and flattened out.
For the top layer, I cut another flower shape using my Cricut out of patterened paper from TLC.
For the brad, I used the big brads from American Crafts-yellow and inked them with Versamark ink and covered with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder-Vintage Photo. Set with heat gun, let cool.
Poked a hole with paper piercer and layered all flowers together with brad. Used Tombow adhesive to attach leaves.

Hope you like them!!
Lara

1 comment:

Salina said...

Love the flowers. Can't wait to see the rest of them.